University housing

The CROUS – Centre Régional des Œuvres Universitaires et Sociales, is the organisation in charge of all public student dorms in Nîmes. The organisation is self-organized and independent from Esban. Nevertheless, exchange students have priority access to housing with the CROUS due to an agreement signed between Esban and the CROUS.

CROUS Office in Nîmes
Open from Monday to Friday, 8.30 to 12 AM and from 1 to 4 PM
Cité Matisse
1, rue Matisse CS 93022
30 908 Nîmes Cedex 2 – FRANCE
00 33 (0)4 66 64 18 61
Fax.+ 33 (0)4 66 23 10 42

The CROUS provides rooms or small apartments in student’s halls of residence. The average price of a 9m2 room (with shared bathroom and kitchen) is 170 Euros per month. The average price of a 20m2 apartment (with private bathroom and kitchen) is 350 Euros per month.

There are 5 halls of residence in Nîmes. All of them are located nearby a tram or a bus station. We highly recommend the student dorm at Résidence Tour Magne that is located in a unique setting and also very popular among the students.

Rooms and studios are equipped with beds and wardrobes (bed linen and towels are not provided). Studios have a separate kitchen. Students must bring their own kitchen utensils.

For the Résidence Tour Magne, please contact
Christine Muscio – 0033(0)

Please note that students must:

  • pay for the water to the CROUS and subscribe to a personal contract for electricity and Internet.
  • start paying the rent from September 1, even if he/she arrives later.
  • adjust their arrival to the opening hours of the front desk (generally from

Monday to Friday)

  • be aware that it is possible that there is no electricity in the apartment upon arrival. Installation of electricity can take between 3 days and a week and costs 36 Euros (an intervention in the following 24h costs 165 Euros).
  • know that, except in very special cases, it is not possible to interrupt the lease before its term.


Housing benefit

With the CAF – Caisse d’Allocations Familiales, exchange students may be eligible for housing benefit if:

  • They are officially renting, co-habiting or sub-letting,
  • They are living in an apartment, a university residence, a hostel, a furnished flat, a hotel, a room in a private home

The International Relations officer of Esban can assist exchange students in their steps for completing the CAF process.