The International Relations officer of ésban can assist exchange students in their steps for searching a room/an apartment in Nîmes.
The CROUS – Centre Régional des Œuvres Universitaires et Sociales, is the organisation in charge of all public student dorms in Nîmes. The organisation is self-organized and independent from Esban.
CROUS Office in Nîmes
Open from Monday to Friday, 8.30 to 12 AM and from 1 to 4 PM
1, rue Matisse CS 93022
30 908 Nîmes Cedex 2 – FRANCE
Tél. 00 33 (0)4 66 64 18 61
Fax.+ 33 (0)4 66 23 10 42
Please note that students must:
- pay for the water to the CROUS and subscribe to a personal contract for electricity and Internet.
- start paying the rent from September 1, even if he/she arrives later.
- adjust their arrival to the opening hours of the front desk (generally from Monday to Friday)
- be aware that it is possible that there is no electricity in the apartment upon arrival. Installation of electricity can take between 3 days and a week and costs 36 Euros (an intervention in the following 24h costs 165 Euros).
- know that, except in very special cases, it is not possible to interrupt the lease before its term.
With the CAF – Caisse d’Allocations Familiales, exchange students may be eligible for housing benefit if:
- They are officially renting, co-habiting or sub-letting,
- They are living in an apartment, a university residence, a hostel, a furnished flat, a hotel, a room in a private home
The International Relations officer of Esban can assist exchange students in their steps for completing the CAF process.